Kalahari is a medium quick maturity Hybrid Grain Sorghum. Kalahari has an open head type and excellent hybrid vigor.
Average Days to Flower
Spring Planting 69-72 days
Summer Planting 62-69 days
Kalahari displays good lodging resistance and has an attractive red grain colour. Kalahari adapts well across most environments and systems. It is suitable for both dryland and irrigated production.
Agronomy, Disease Resistance & Tolerance
Kalahari has good disease resistances and a provisional midge rating of 4.
Dryland marginal – 30-50,000 Plant Population
Dryland good – 50-75,000 Plant Population
Irrigation – 90-140,000 Plant Population
- Excellent yield potential for maturity
- Grain colour – Red
- Open head type
- Grain Size – medium large
- Medium tillering habit
- Maturity – medium quick
- Lodging resistance – good
- Provisional midge rating – 4
- Disease resistance – good
- Tolerant to stress across most environments